Wednesday, July 2, 2008

SOON!

Hey bike fans,

Thank you for staying on me about this. I realize it's already July and that's just plain unacceptable. I just sold my fixed gear, and I'll have the new beast in a couple days. I'd like to do a ride or two (or SOMETHING) and meet people I may not already know (I'm pretty new to the bike scene here in Des Moines). Please bring your friends! I'm thinking maybe a Sunday or post-work romp around the downtown area? I've been seeing fixed gears on bike racks and trees around town. If you see one, or more importantly, see it being ridden, you should tell that noble soul about this whole thing. As much as I love all bikes, I'm especially motivated to get the FG scene up and prevalent. 

Shoot me an email at capcityscrambles@gmail.com with your email, and I'll send a big message out to everyone about when the first get down is getting down.

Thanks for your patience, and it's time to ride.

- Scramble Master

8 comments:

TJ said...

i'm just curious, would it be ok if i showed to one of these with a singlespeed? i don't have a fixed right now or the cog/lock ring to fix it. though temptation will probably get the best of me and i know i'll end up making it fixed.

cap city said...

TJ as long as it's a bike, come on down. If you can handle the peer pressure to stop coasting, you're more than welcome to participate in the festivities.

Unknown said...

so Max hows that new black rig treating you?

Peace

cap city said...

I haven't even seen it yet! I've been so busy with work (I took on a new job) and school (online classes are the lamest) that I haven't been by the shop.

Once I'm properly acclimated, I'll be all about crushing on the open roads.

You'll be one of the first to know when it's time to get busy.

Speaking of, I feel like you know a handful of people who would be into this. Spread the word!

TJ said...

my bike is ready to roll, though the hub can't do fixed. :(

the mostly reverend said...

hey, NOW if you get something going, let me know, and i'll talk about it on my Rcycling radio show!!

so, GET SOMETHING GOING!!!

J.R.Early said...

so i know this was a long time ago but lets get a ride i just moved here and i see alot of people on fixed / single speeds but no rides

TJ said...

how about a ride over near christmas similar to cranksgiving? never organized a race, so i'm not sure what it takes to organize a ride.