Saturday, February 23, 2008

Aw naw, hell naw boy, now you've up and done it.

Welcome to what will be the place to go for information, times and dates for the cap city scramble alleycats.

Once this new breed of Des Moines street racing has begun, check here each week to find out what sort of ride will be going on and when.

The dsm biking scene (more specifically the fixed gear scene so I don't offend you RAGBRAI folks) is scant compared to many other cities of this size. It's about time we bring up our fixed freak head count with some good ol' competitive downtown racing.

Obviously, this blog is desolately bare of information. I promise that will change as the weather gets warmer and the voices get louder.

Leave a comment if you're interested in getting this started or if you just want to be informed when the first race goes down.

Holler.

11 comments:

the mostly reverend said...

welcome. if you wish, i'll put a link on the sermonette.

DQ said...

Max! Great job putting this together. I like the name... better than Corn City for sure.

Count me in!

Unknown said...

Hell Yeah Max...all do my best to be at all of these!

Peace

2wheels4strings12ounces said...

The weather is getting warm, time to update this blog!

Mahalo,
Randle

Unknown said...

Its warming up Max....whatz up bro?

Peace

cap city said...

Haha I know, I know... I need to get this started. School's pretty hectic right now. I'm thinking maybe just start with a ride. We'll see how many people we can expect and then start planning races soon after. I may be especially busy from now until the 16th of May (being the last couple weeks of school will do that to a player) but I'll try to open up a few days in between to get it crackin'.

Who's still trying to do this?

Max

cap city said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oxbow said...

There are more then you think... count me in, i cant wait

Kale,
snavely

TJ said...

definately let me know when this is happening. it sounds like a blast!

2wheels4strings12ounces said...

CapCity, no time like the present.

Unknown said...

i would love to know when this is going to happen! ive never done an alley cat and want to try it out!